Over the course of my career as a counselor educator, clinical supervisor and therapist, I have found great personal and professional satisfaction in supporting new and seasoned clinicians develop their skills. I look forward to supporting you, too. Here’s how!
AASECT Sex Therapist Supervision
Obtaining the designation of as an AASECT Sex Therapist is likely to be a highlight of your career as a therapist; it certainly has been mine. And, the good news is that the profession needs more qualified sex therapists to support those struggling with various relationship, sexuality and intimacy concerns.
I am an AASECT Sex Therapist Supervisor-in-Supervision and am eligible to support your professional development towards becoming an AASECT Sex Therapist. I receive my supervision through Nelly Cannon, PhD, MFT.
For the updated detailed, information on pursuing this credential, click here.
Summary (subject to change):
- Valid license as a mental health professional in your state of practice.
- 50 hours minimum of supervision with no more than 50% being in group format.
- minimum of ninety (90) clock hours of academic coursework in sexuality education
- minimum of sixty (60) clock hours of training in how to effectively carry out (do) sex therapy with patients/clients
- ten hour Sexuality Attitude Reassessment course
- In North Carolina, LPCAs must acquire a minimum of 100 hours of clinical supervision of which 25 hours may be group supervision.
- Supervision must be “live, interactive and visual.” Skype supervision is permissible.
- LPCAs must receive one hour of supervision per 40 hours of clinical practice.
Face-to-Face or Virtual
My supervisees may meet with me via face-to-face or using the HIPAA compliant platform, VSEE.
For more information about me and my credentials. click here.
- 1 hr consultation: $125.00.
- 1 hr group supervision $75.00
My favorite thing about being a therapist is how much of a difference I make and how quickly. Some of my most successful clients were only in need of some understanding and some education. Watching the pieces come together for lasting happiness really makes me love doing what I do.
Tom Murray, PhD–the ONLY doctoral AASECT certified Sex Therapist serving the Triad.