The Seven Principles Program for couples is a workshop based on the internationally acclaimed research of Dr. John Gottman as presented in his New York Times Bestselling book The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work.
Studies show that the Seven Principles program improves relationship satisfaction among the majority of attendees at a fraction of the cost of traditional couples coaching and counseling.
“Dr. Murray is a wonderful presenter—funny, informative, and at-ease. He provides an exceptional talk—I’m so appreciative of his time and talent!”
— Theresa Palmer, MSW, LCSW, UNC School of Social Work
The Deluxe Package combines two Companion Workbooks with one copy of the Seven Principles book, plus a How to Make Relationships Work DVD, the Relationship Guides, and Love Map & Open-Ended Card Decks. The deck is a fun and effective way for couples to get to know one another’s inner lives, thus increasing closeness and friendship. This and the DVD and Relationship Guides are among the most popular additional tools to review for learning new skills and incorporating the material into their partnerships. A $69 value.
Couples that would benefit from this workshop:
- Everyone from newlyweds to seniors
- Those who wish to enhance a good marriage
- Those needing better conflict management tools
Couples for whom this workshop is not suited:
- Severe relationship distress
- Emotional abuse
- Domestic abuse
- People not in recovery for their addiction
- Untreated mental health problems in one or both partners
- Seven Principles Program description
- The research foundation of the program
- Proven tools to help couples
- Improve friendship, fondness and admiration
- Enhance romance and intimacy
- Manage conflict constructively
- Gain skills to address perpetual and solvable problems
- Create shared meaning
- Maintain gains throughout a lifetime
- Format includes lectures and private couple exercises
- It is not therapy.
- It is not an event for open sharing of personal problems. All exercises and discussions will occur privately between you and your significant other.
No dates listed? Interested in this workshop?
Send Dr. Murray an email to be added to the list for the next class. Minimum of 10 registrants needed.
My favorite part about being a therapist is how much of a difference I make and how quickly. Some of my most successful clients were only in need of some education and some understanding but in our sessions watching the pieces fall into place for lasting happiness really makes me love doing what I do.
Tom Murray, PhD–the ONLY doctoral AASECT certified Sex Therapist serving the Triad.
“As an OB/GYN, I am fortunate to have Dr. Tom Murray as a resource for referring patients in need of sex and couples therapy. In my experience, few counselors have been able to develop such a deep rapport with so many different people and their specific situations.”
— Sidney Callahan, DO. Green Valley OBGYN.